24 May 2013

Jay's Tree

Jay's Tree

Thanks to my sister who photographed this tree. According to my relatives in the province, I was the one who planted this tree! Of course, I'm proud of it! So last April when my mother decided to visit my province together with my sister and cute niece, one of my very important reminder to my sister is to take picture of my tree. 

So here are the pictures...
Syzygium cumini
Duhat Tree
  This tree is commonly known as Jambul in English, Duhat Tree in Filipino (Tagalog), Lomboy in Cebuano ang Igot in our province. Its scientific name is Syzygium cumini.

Lomboy

Igot
If my memory serves me right, I've planted this tree during my Elementary Years of Schooling, perhaps I was Grade 4 or 5 then. The impact of my teacher's lesson about Greenhouse Effect was so convincing that I've really did my part to solve the problem. What I remember was I've planted seedlings in the perimeter of our   lot. That was actually the residence of my grandparents to whom I lived with during my Elementary Years.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha mejo malaki na ang puno... nakakatuwa kasi ndi ko na to maalala. Sila lang ang nagpaalala nito sa akin...

    ReplyDelete