28 February 2012

MV Logos Hope: A Floating Library


MV Logos Hope

A few years back, there's this MV Doulos . It was the first time I've heard of a floating book fair that  was docked at Pier 15 in Manila. This was mentioned by my friends who were able to visit the place before it left the country.  I was surprised and my curiosity roused. I just kept it to myself, but I blame them for not informing me. 
MV Logos Hope in Manila

Location: Gate 1, Pier 15, South Harbor, Manila
Schedule: February 17 - March 13, 2012 [Tues-Sat 10:00AM to 9:30PM; Sun 1:30PM to 9:30PM]
Entrance Fee: Php 20.00

Then last week, according to the news on national television, another floating book fair is docked at the same spot. It's called MV Logos Hope. Based on my research, MV Doulos already retired and was replaced by this bigger ship. MV Logos Hope is manned by at least 400 volunteers from different countries including the Philippines.
Exhibit

Simulator


In the near future, there could be a dramatic decline in the demand for printed books. With the observed development of new technologies and the proliferation of a number of softwares and applications that enables electronic books, our vision for a paperless society could be a 100 percent reality. 
View from MV Logos Hope


In the meantime, we must enjoy these printed treasures before they are considered extinct. 


*Special thanks to my proofreader.

1 comment:

  1. sana may National Bookstore na ganyan hehehe.

    ReplyDelete